- About Us
- Land & New Homes
- Agent Services
- Student Let
- Our Branches
Useful Tips for Packing
Shopping list of essential packing items
- Sturdy boxes in all different sizes
- Bubble wrap / newspaper / tissue paper
- Marker pen
- Parcel tape
- Pack items together that would go in the same room.
- Write on each box with a marker pen what room the box should go in.
- Write on a label a brief description of what is in each box.
- Pack light and heavy items together and do not over pack boxes so that they can be sealed, lifted and stacked easily.
- Where possible, purchase special boxes with compartments for glasses and crockery.
- Pack a box with essential items together, such as milk, tea, sugar, coffee, biscuits, toilet rolls and daily medicines. Label clearly or alternatively take with you in your car for easy access to it when you arrive at your new property.
- Pack a bag / box of your valuables and important documents and take with you.
- Secure all fixings or leads for furniture and equipment and keep with the item.
- Label all large items such as furniture with what room they need to be put in.
- Prune plants and place in ventilated box. Cushion the plants by surrounding them with dampened newspaper which will provide moisture for them during transition.
- Seek advice from your vet about transporting pets. Where applicable use a suitable container for them to travel in and ensure they have access to water and food. For cats and dogs in particular take regular breaks if you are travelling far.
Remember, if you are daunted by the prospect of packing for your move employ a complete service removal firm that will take care of everything! For more information and a quotation contact your local enfields branch.